Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
hmm hmm is offline

Default Average array

I have a column of data comprising a series of 25 arrays. I would like to
generate an array whose elements are the average of the corresponding
positions in each of the 25 arrays.

Suppose, for example, the first array is in cells A1 to A1000, the 2nd in
A1001 to A2000, etc. What formula would give me the average of A1, A1001,
A2001, ..., A24001?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

In cell B1 enter
=AVERAGE(OFFSET($A$1,(ROW()-1)*1000,0,1000,1))
and copy down through cells B2:B25
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"hmm" wrote in message
I have a column of data comprising a series of 25 arrays. I would like
generate an array whose elements are the average of the corresponding
positions in each of the 25 arrays.

Suppose, for example, the first array is in cells A1 to A1000, the 2nd
in
A1001 to A2000, etc. What formula would give me the average of A1,
A1001,
A2001, ..., A24001?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think this is simple

In cells C1 put the formula
=average(A1:A1000)

the copy this formula to cells C2 - C25.
C1 to c25 will be your array of averages.

"hmm" wrote:

I have a column of data comprising a series of 25 arrays. I would like to
generate an array whose elements are the average of the corresponding
positions in each of the 25 arrays.

Suppose, for example, the first array is in cells A1 to A1000, the 2nd in
A1001 to A2000, etc. What formula would give me the average of A1, A1001,
A2001, ..., A24001?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUM(IF(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$24001)-1,1000)=0,$A$1:$A$24001,0))/25
as an array formula
--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200710

"hmm" wrote:

I have a column of data comprising a series of 25 arrays. I would like to
generate an array whose elements are the average of the corresponding
positions in each of the 25 arrays.

Suppose, for example, the first array is in cells A1 to A1000, the 2nd in
A1001 to A2000, etc. What formula would give me the average of A1, A1001,
A2001, ..., A24001?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Am I missing something or is it very simple?

=average(A1:A1000)

this will copy as
=average(A1001,2000)
=average(A2001,3000)
=average(A3001,4000)

etc

"hmm" wrote in message
I have a column of data comprising a series of 25 arrays. I would like
generate an array whose elements are the average of the corresponding
positions in each of the 25 arrays.

Suppose, for example, the first array is in cells A1 to A1000, the 2nd
in
A1001 to A2000, etc. What formula would give me the average of A1,
A1001,
A2001, ..., A24001?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, I think not. Copying down