Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I want to delete duplicate in one time

Dear Sir,

Here I am working in a excel sheet and I am making item code detail. but
some item codes are showing dulicate I want to delete all duplicate code in a
one times can u pls.give me short command.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming data is in column A starting row1:

Put this formula in a "helper" column and copy down to end of items:

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)1,"Duplicate","")

Highlight helper column
Then Data==Filter=AutoFilter
Select "Duplicate"
Right click on higlighted Duplicates
"Delete Rows"

TEST First! (backup your data!)

" wrote:

Dear Sir,

Here I am working in a excel sheet and I am making item code detail. but
some item codes are showing dulicate I want to delete all duplicate code in a
one times can u pls.give me short command.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your duplicate entries are in column A and that entries begin on row
2, and that column B is an empty column you can use for this: Put this
formula into cell B3
=COUNTIF(A$2:A2,A3)
and fill the formula down the sheet. You will see numbers like 0, 1, or
greater. The rows with 0 are entries that are not duplicated above it. Any
non-zero number means the entry in A appears more than once.

Choose Data | Filter | Auto Filter
Then in the column with this formula (B in our example) click the little
pull-down arrow and choose Custom. Select 'greater than' for the condition,
and 0 for the value. Now only your rows containing duplicate data should be
displayed. Select all of the rows and use Edit | Delete | Entire Row

Turn off Auto-filtering and only your individual entries will be left.

You may want to make a copy of the sheet to practice this on so if something
goes awry (shouldn't) you'll still have the original data to start over with.