Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Specific Dates

Hi all,

Just realized, I also need help with another aspect of my project. I
need to print a report which always refers to the previous Thursday.
Specifically, in the header I have "Report for (Date)" where (Date) is
the previous Thursday. I'd like to automate the dating process as I
forget as often as I remember. Again, any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Byron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 14 Mar 2007 09:43:50 -0700, "Dos Equis" wrote:

Hi all,

Just realized, I also need help with another aspect of my project. I
need to print a report which always refers to the previous Thursday.
Specifically, in the header I have "Report for (Date)" where (Date) is
the previous Thursday. I'd like to automate the dating process as I
forget as often as I remember. Again, any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Byron

=A1-WEEKDAY(A1)-2

will give the Thursday preceding the date in A1
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Mar 14, 12:49 pm, Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On 14 Mar 2007 09:43:50 -0700, "Dos Equis" wrote:

Hi all,

Just realized, I also need help with another aspect of my project. I
need to print a report which always refers to the previous Thursday.
Specifically, in the header I have "Report for (Date)" where (Date) is
the previous Thursday. I'd like to automate the dating process as I
forget as often as I remember. Again, any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Byron

=A1-WEEKDAY(A1)-2

will give the Thursday preceding the date in A1
--ron

Works like a champ. Thank you.