WINONA

Default cALCULATION OF DAYS

WE ARE TRYING TO CALCULATE HOW MANY DAYS. EXAMPLE, FROM 1/1/04 TO 2/3/05 HOW
MANY DAYS IS THAT. IS THERE A FORMULA THAT CAN DO THIS
JulieD

Hi

no need to shout (typing in all caps in ngs is generally considered to be
shouting) ... if you have 1/1/04 in cell A1 and 2/3/05 in cell B1 then in
cell C1 type
=B1-A1

you may then have to right mouse click on C1, choose format cells, on the
numbers tab choose general to get the answer displayed as a number rather
than a funny date.

Cheers
JulieD

"WINONA" wrote in message
WE ARE TRYING TO CALCULATE HOW MANY DAYS. EXAMPLE, FROM 1/1/04 TO 2/3/05
HOW
MANY DAYS IS THAT. IS THERE A FORMULA THAT CAN DO THIS

Peo Sjoblom

=Later_date_cell - Earlier_date_cell

Peo Sjoblom

"WINONA" wrote in message
WE ARE TRYING TO CALCULATE HOW MANY DAYS. EXAMPLE, FROM 1/1/04 TO 2/3/05

HOW
MANY DAYS IS THAT. IS THERE A FORMULA THAT CAN DO THIS

Paul B

winona, ="2-3-2005"-"1-1-2004" or with dates in cells something like =B1-A1,
format cell as general
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003