Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Interesting Formula Problem

Hi Folks - Interesting issue in Excel ... I have a sheet that looks like
this:

Jan Feb Mar Total
Rent 1000 1000 1000 3000
Utilities 500 500 500 1500

The Total column is calculated with the sum function. If I insert a column
to the left of the totals columns, then enter manually 1000 for Rent, the
formula recalculates to include the new column. Perfect! However, if I
"fill" the 1000 from the Mar column to the new column, the formula does not
recalculate. Odd! Any ideas why? Thanks.

--
Michael