Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michael[_2_] Michael[_2_] is offline

Default Interesting Formula Problem

=sum(b2:d2)

"Beege" wrote in message
. ..
Michael Laferriere wrote:
Hi Folks - Interesting issue in Excel ... I have a sheet that looks like
this:

Jan Feb Mar Total
Rent 1000 1000 1000 3000
Utilities 500 500 500 1500

The Total column is calculated with the sum function. If I insert a
column to the left of the totals columns, then enter manually 1000 for
Rent, the formula recalculates to include the new column. Perfect!
However, if I "fill" the 1000 from the Mar column to the new column, the
formula does not recalculate. Odd! Any ideas why? Thanks.

What's the formula look like that you have in the total column?

Beege