Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Simple algebra and excel

Okay so I have came accross another question regarding a simple
algebraic question. I am using a function like a1+a2+a3=

when there are values in a1-3 excel places a 0 in the field which is
ofcourse correct but I only want excel to populate the field if there
is a positve or negative integer?

Thanks for your help This discussion group rocks!

Brandon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Brandon

Try the array entered formula
{=SUM(IF(A1:A3=INT(A1:A3),A1:A3,0))}

To commit or edit an array formula, use Control+Shift+Enter (CSE) not
just Enter.
Excel will insert the curly braces { } when you use CSE. Do not type
them yourself.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message
ups.com...
Okay so I have came accross another question regarding a simple
algebraic question. I am using a function like a1+a2+a3=

when there are values in a1-3 excel places a 0 in the field which is
ofcourse correct but I only want excel to populate the field if there
is a positve or negative integer?

Thanks for your help This discussion group rocks!

Brandon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Mar 8, 8:50 am, "
wrote:
I only want excel to populate the field if there
is a positve or negative integer?

I think you mean that you want Excel to __display__ only non-zero
values. Two ways to accomplish that:

=if(expression = 0, "", expression)

Note that that requires the expression to evaluated twice :-(.
Alternatively, create a custom format by clicking on Format - Cells -
Number - Custom. Perhaps the following will meet your needs:

general;-general;

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Mar 8, 12:51 pm, "joeu2004" wrote:
On Mar 8, 8:50 am, "

wrote:
I only want excel to populate the field if there
is a positve or negative integer?

I think you mean that you want Excel to __display__ only non-zero
values. Two ways to accomplish that:

=if(expression = 0, "", expression)

Note that that requires the expression to evaluated twice :-(.
Alternatively, create a custom format by clicking on Format - Cells -

Number - Custom. Perhaps the following will meet your needs:

general;-general;

okay so how do I compound that with the formula that I am using =g5+j5-
k5