Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Countif

Hello

How would i go about counting the toal number of jobs still "running"
by different area

Colum A has several business area'a In Colum B has the job ref number
Colum C has the status running, not started, Complete

how do i do the formula to count how many jobs for "area 1" are not
started??

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Mar 7, 12:45 pm, "sabbathnut" wrote:
Hello

How would i go about counting the toal number of jobs still "running"
by different area

Colum A has several business area'a In Colum B has the job ref number
Colum C has the status running, not started, Complete

how do i do the formula to count how many jobs for "area 1" are not
started??

Cheers

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="area 1")*(C1:C100="running"))

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 7 Mar, 10:29, "vezerid" wrote:
On Mar 7, 12:45 pm, "sabbathnut" wrote:

Hello

How would i go about counting the toal number of jobs still "running"
by different area

Colum A has several business area'a In Colum B has the job ref number
Colum C has the status running, not started, Complete

how do i do the formula to count how many jobs for "area 1" are not
started??

Cheers

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="area 1")*(C1:C100="running"))

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

THAT RETURNS #NUM

THIS IS VERY ODD

=IF(FRI!A:A=A4,COUNTIF(FRI!F:F,CONF!L4),0)
A4 = AREA 1
L4 = RUNNING

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TRIED SO FAR AND IT HAS RETURNED 0

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 7 Mar, 10:50, "sabbathnut" wrote:
On 7 Mar, 10:29, "vezerid" wrote:

On Mar 7, 12:45 pm, "sabbathnut" wrote:

Hello

How would i go about counting the toal number of jobs still "running"
by different area

Colum A has several business area'a In Colum B has the job ref number
Colum C has the status running, not started, Complete

how do i do the formula to count how many jobs for "area 1" are not
started??

Cheers

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="area 1")*(C1:C100="running"))

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

THAT RETURNS #NUM

THIS IS VERY ODD

=IF(FRI!A:A=A4,COUNTIF(FRI!F:F,CONF!L4),0)
A4 = AREA 1
L4 = RUNNING

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TRIED SO FAR AND IT HAS RETURNED 0- Hide quoted text -

bump

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 7 Mar, 10:29, "vezerid" wrote:

On Mar 7, 12:45 pm, "sabbathnut" wrote:

Hello

How would i go about counting the toal number of jobs still "running"
by different area

Colum A has several business area'a In Colum B has the job ref number
Colum C has the status running, not started, Complete

how do i do the formula to count how many jobs for "area 1" are not
started??

Cheers

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="area 1")*(C1:C100="running"))

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

THAT RETURNS #NUM

THIS IS VERY ODD

=IF(FRI!A:A=A4,COUNTIF(FRI!F:F,CONF!L4),0)
A4 = AREA 1
L4 = RUNNING

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TRIED SO FAR AND IT HAS RETURNED 0- Hide quoted text -

bump

Sorry, I am in the middle of classes.
First, what returns #NUM!, my formula? I would expect some other
error.

Regarding your own formula, The test:
IF(FRI!A:A=A4
You are comparing an entire column with a letter. It is syntactically
correct but often poses problems, which I cannot fully explain here.
If the formula returns 0 it means that your test fails. I cannot help
unless you become more specific.

Regards,
Kostis