-   -   data validation query (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/133576-data-validation-query.html)

katet

data validation query

*computer crashed when submitting this message last time so may be on twice*
Is it possible to have a blank entry within a validation list, that you can
then enter "other" information in outside the list? eg. I have a validation
list that contains names but sometimes I need to put in a name outside the
list and can't?

Bob Phillips

data validation query

Yes, just add the list as normal, but on the error tab in DV, check the
Ignore errors box.

--
---
HTH