Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dm dm is offline

Default How do I determine how many worksheets a workbook has at a glance

Received an inquiry by a supervisor who would like to know how many
worksheets a workbook has without actually paging through the workbook to
determine how many there are. Is there a way it can be shown at a glance how
many worksheets a workbook has?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Mar 5, 1:12 pm, dm wrote:
Received an inquiry by a supervisor who would like to know how many
worksheets a workbook has without actually paging through the workbook to
determine how many there are. Is there a way it can be shown at a glance how
many worksheets a workbook has?

If you click on FILE / PROPERTIES, it will list the worksheets on the
CONTENTS tab.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Open CB editor ALT + F11 insert a new module and paste this in and maybe even
give your supervisor a nice button to press that runs this macro.

Sub makemybossleavemealone()
Dim sht As Worksheet
For Each sht In Sheets
X = X + 1
Next sht
MsgBox ("There are " & X & " Worksheets in this workbook")

End Sub

Mike

"dm" wrote:

Received an inquiry by a supervisor who would like to know how many
worksheets a workbook has without actually paging through the workbook to
determine how many there are. Is there a way it can be shown at a glance how
many worksheets a workbook has?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

dm

Sub sheets_num()
MsgBox ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count & " sheets in workbook"
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP