-   -   add numbers in a column and transfer result to another column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/133090-add-numbers-column-transfer-result-another-column.html)

planecents

add numbers in a column and transfer result to another column

what formula allows me to add numbers in a column and transfer the ongoing
result to another column?
--
planecents

Mike

add numbers in a column and transfer result to another column

in B1 type =sum(A:A)

any number you enter in column A will now be summed in B1

"planecents" wrote:

what formula allows me to add numbers in a column and transfer the ongoing
result to another column?
--
planecents

planecents

add numbers in a column and transfer result to another column

Mike
It works for the one cell in but i would like B to continue to add the
values represented in the next row of A and continue to total the new value
in A
Thanks
Bob @ planecents
--
planecents

"planecents" wrote:

what formula allows me to add numbers in a column and transfer the ongoing
result to another column?
--
planecents

Gord Dibben

add numbers in a column and transfer result to another column

In B1 enter =A1

In B2 enter = B1+A2

Double-click to fill down.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP