Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I enter a date without using slashes or dashes?

I want to be able to enter, for example, "030107" and have the cell formatted
so I get 03/01/07.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use a worksheet_change event that converts your text entry to the
date entry automatically. I did this for a client a few days ago.
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Sue Miller" <Sue
wrote in message
I want to be able to enter, for example, "030107" and have the cell
formatted
so I get 03/01/07.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Look he

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Sue Miller" <Sue wrote in message ...
|I want to be able to enter, for example, "030107" and have the cell formatted
| so I get 03/01/07.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Niek,

Wouldn't a worksheet_change event involve less overhead?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Niek Otten" wrote in message
Look he

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Sue Miller" <Sue wrote in message
|I want to be able to enter, for example, "030107" and have the cell
formatted
| so I get 03/01/07.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Don,

Quite possible. But I don't know if the OP knows how to implement that, and this utility requires no knowledge of VBA.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Don Guillett" wrote in message ...
| Niek,
|
| Wouldn't a worksheet_change event involve less overhead?
|
| --
| Don Guillett
| SalesAid Software
|
| "Niek Otten" wrote in message
| Look he

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html

| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "Sue Miller" <Sue wrote in message
| |I want to be able to enter, for example, "030107" and have the cell
| formatted
| | so I get 03/01/07.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sue

You cannot format for this.

See Chip Pearson's site for quick date entry.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP