Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Averaging last 5 cells in a column

Hi folks,

In my workbook, I have a bunch of worsheets, where I'm average all numbers
in one column. I'd like to add one more stat, to where I'd like to average
the last 5 #'s in a column. Only thing is that no column ends on the same
row, so I can't specifiy specific cells..

Need some help to develop an average formula to pick the last five entries
in a column.

TIA.

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks so much for that timely reply Toppers :).

I'm doing it with column B, so I modified your formula to
=AVERAGE(OFFSET(INDIRECT("B" & COUNTA(B:B)),-4,0,5)) . It does an average,
but not the right average. I pull down this data from a web query and cells
B1 & B2 are empty, and cell B3 is the title for the column.

Any help on modifying the formula is appreciated.

Regards, Bob