Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula for Repeating the Same Date Each Year

Hi,
The subject title says it all really...does anyone know how I can use a
formula in Excel to repeat the same date each year, allowing for leap years?

e.g. if the value in cell C1 is 28/2/07, I want the formula to automatically
put 28/2/08 in cell D1.

I know I could just use C1+365 but that wouldn't account for the extra day
in a leap year.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ignore the previous reply. Here is the correct formula

=EOMONTH(C1,12)

Required Analysis Toolpak Add Ins

"Dickie Worton" wrote:

Hi,
The subject title says it all really...does anyone know how I can use a
formula in Excel to repeat the same date each year, allowing for leap years?

e.g. if the value in cell C1 is 28/2/07, I want the formula to automatically
put 28/2/08 in cell D1.

I know I could just use C1+365 but that wouldn't account for the extra day
in a leap year.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mike / 'Mama',

Thanks both for your responses, took me a moment to work out that EOMONTH
stands for end of month, so won't work for dates other than the last day of
the month, but both will be useful.

Dickie

"Dickie Worton" wrote:

Hi,
The subject title says it all really...does anyone know how I can use a
formula in Excel to repeat the same date each year, allowing for leap years?

e.g. if the value in cell C1 is 28/2/07, I want the formula to automatically
put 28/2/08 in cell D1.

I know I could just use C1+365 but that wouldn't account for the extra day
in a leap year.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi. The usual question is if the date is 2/29/2008, what do you want 1 year
in the future to be?

Another option might be:
=EDATE(A1,12)

--