-   -   Data Extraction Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/132737-re-data-extraction-problem.html)

Duke Carey

Data Extraction Problem

What version of Excel do you have?
Do you have MS Access?

"RD Wirr" wrote:

I have a list of data organized in columns with 1000's of rows. One of the
columns contains Serial Numbers which can be present multiple times referring
to a Lot of material and also batches that are taken from that same Lot of
Material. When a Lot is used up there is another "Complete" column that marks
the lot=TRUE. I need to extract a list of the Serial Numbers that are not yet
complete. Just the unique numbers rather than the entire list of instances.
So I have two ways to show that the Lot is complete: One of the records with
the specific S/N is Marked TRUE or the sum of the transactions for that
specific S/N =0. The data looks something like this.

Item Qty Stock S/N Type Complete
Item1 0.2 10-01 Lot
Item2 0.3 10-02 Lot
Item1 -0.2 10-01 Lot TRUE
Item4 10 10-01 Batch

I need to extract this data dynamically since the database is always growing
and this query is used in a Validation Dropdown List.

I have tried Filters which couldn't really get a unique list with these
conditions and also Pivot tables which came close but I couldn't find a way
to hide the S/Ns with 0 values. If anyone has an idea how to do this, I will
very much appreciate leaning about it.

Thanks in advance,
RDW