Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Limitations with Pivot Tables

I have created a Pivot Table from some data on an spreadsheet within the same
workbook; one of the columns in my data is basically a string of text, these
cells can contain 20 characters or 700 characters; when I create my pivot
table and I pull this fields into my pivot table, for some reason the data
gets truncated and it is displayed truncated. As an example one of the cells
in my data has 379 characters, when pulling this cell into my Pivot Table it
only shows 221, does any one know why? Is there any way that I can show all
my data? By the way Im using Office 2007.

Cheers,

Juan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you're adding the field to the row labels area, you should be able to
see all the characters. Did you create the file in Excel 2007, or is it
in compatibility mode?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Debra, thanks for your reply. I did add the field to the row labels area to
the pivot table layout, and yes, the workbook was created on an earlier
version of Excel (2003) and I'm using compativility mode, do you think that
the compatibility mode is the one that is causing the problem?
--
Cheers,

Juan