-   -   change first 2 digit ignore the other 2. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/132290-change-first-2-digit-ignore-other-2-a.html)

Steved

change first 2 digit ignore the other 2.

Hello from Steved

1010 to 1310 every second digit will change from 0 to 3

1030 to 1330

I would like a formula please to replace the 2 digit only as show'n above

ie 1010 to 1310 not 1010 to 1313
Thankyou.

Teethless mama

change first 2 digit ignore the other 2.

=A1+300

"Steved" wrote:

Hello from Steved

1010 to 1310 every second digit will change from 0 to 3

1030 to 1330

I would like a formula please to replace the 2 digit only as show'n above

ie 1010 to 1310 not 1010 to 1313
Thankyou.

Don Guillett

change first 2 digit ignore the other 2.

All second characters to 3 or JUST those that are 0 (zero)???

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Steved" wrote in message
Hello from Steved

1010 to 1310 every second digit will change from 0 to 3

1030 to 1330

I would like a formula please to replace the 2 digit only as show'n above

ie 1010 to 1310 not 1010 to 1313
Thankyou.

Teethless mama

change first 2 digit ignore the other 2.

Another way...

put 300 in any blank cell
Copy that cell, then select your range, right click Paste Special, select
Add, OK

"Steved" wrote:

Hello from Steved

1010 to 1310 every second digit will change from 0 to 3

1030 to 1330

I would like a formula please to replace the 2 digit only as show'n above

ie 1010 to 1310 not 1010 to 1313
Thankyou.

Steved

change first 2 digit ignore the other 2.

Hello Don

Sorry I should have explained a liitle more clearly, yes only those with 0

Thankyou.

"Steved" wrote in message
Hello from Steved

1010 to 1310 every second digit will change from 0 to 3

1030 to 1330

I would like a formula please to replace the 2 digit only as show'n above

ie 1010 to 1310 not 1010 to 1313
Thankyou.

Teethless mama

change first 2 digit ignore the other 2.

=IF(MID(A1,2,1)="0",A1+300,A1)

"Steved" wrote:

Hello from Steved

1010 to 1310 every second digit will change from 0 to 3

1030 to 1330

I would like a formula please to replace the 2 digit only as show'n above

ie 1010 to 1310 not 1010 to 1313
Thankyou.

Steved

change first 2 digit ignore the other 2.

Hello Teethless mama

I thankyou.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=IF(MID(A1,2,1)="0",A1+300,A1)