Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Countif does not work

Hi appreciate help on getting Countif to work on this situation:

=80%
=80%
=100%

<60%

Formula is COUNTIF(A5:A8,G11), where A5:A8 is the table above, and G11
contains =80%. how do I set a formula to calculate that there are
two counts of "=80%"? the value returned is zero instead of 2
counts.

I did a =A5=G11, which returned a TRUE.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=COUNTIF(A5:A8,"="&G11)

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"c4ec" wrote:

Hi appreciate help on getting Countif to work on this situation:

=80%
=80%
=100%

<60%

Formula is COUNTIF(A5:A8,G11), where A5:A8 is the table above, and G11
contains =80%. how do I set a formula to calculate that there are
two counts of "=80%"? the value returned is zero instead of 2
counts.

I did a =A5=G11, which returned a TRUE.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions