-   -   Rounding down an average (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/131758-rounding-down-average.html)

Bob Smith

Rounding down an average

Hi folks,

I've got a workbook with 20+ worksheets. In each worksheet, I'm doing an
average on all entries in column B =AVERAGE(B:B) . The range of cells in the
average could be 1 cell to 50 cells.

I'd like to round down that average, but am having difficulty getting any
variations of formulas to work.

Thanks,

Bob

daddylonglegs

Rounding down an average

Hi, Bob, round down to what, the next integer?

If so try

=ROUNDDOWN(AVERAGE(B:B),0)

"Bob Smith" wrote:

Hi folks,

I've got a workbook with 20+ worksheets. In each worksheet, I'm doing an
average on all entries in column B =AVERAGE(B:B) . The range of cells in the
average could be 1 cell to 50 cells.

I'd like to round down that average, but am having difficulty getting any
variations of formulas to work.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob Smith

Rounding down an average

Hey Daddy ... Yes, and that works very nicely ... TYVM! I tried that formula
before, but forgot to add the ,0.

Bob