Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default conditional format formulas

Hello,

I have a drop down list created.

A1 asks: Do you own a home?
B1: has drop down list. User can select "Yes" or "No". This drop down
lists is already created.
A2 asks: What is your address?
B2: this is the conditional format cell,

Right now I have a formula in B2: =IF(ISBLANK(B2),1,0) ---this cell is
shaded gray until user types something in it, then it will be unshaded.

Not sure if this is the right formula to use.

How do I make it that IF user selects "Yes", then cell B2 will be shaded
gray and user will know to enter Address? Once user types address, this cell
will become unshaded.

IF user selects "No" as in I don't own a home, then cell B2 will be shaded
black and be locked so that user cannot enter anything?

Thanks again my Excel masters!
--
Thank You!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

CF

first condition

=FormulaIs: =AND(B1="YES",len(B2)=0) ...set GREY

second condition

=FormulaIs: =AND(B1="YES",len(B2)<=0) ...set clear

Third condition

=FormulaIs: =B1="NO" ...set BLACK

I don't if (or how) you can stop input into B2 if answer is no without a
worksheet event macro

HTH