Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default List

Respected members,

I.E. I wish to create a a validation list in A1, A2 & A3, the source data is
held in
cells A10:A12 as follows
"Hello"
"Goodbye"
"No thanks"

If "hello" is selected from the drop down list in A1, then the drop down for
A2 & A3 should only show options "Goodbye" and "No thanks", in other words
the lists should only show values that have'nt been used elsewhere in A1:A3.

Any idea's?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could try this:

In cells A10:A12 use the following formulas:

=IF(OR(A1="Hello",A2="Hello",A3="Hello"),"","Hello ")
=IF(OR(A1="Goodbye",A2="Goodbye",A3="Goodbye"),"", "Goodbye")
=IF(OR(A1="No Thanks",A2="No Thanks",A3="No Thanks"),"","No Thanks")

HTH,
Elkar