Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Analyzing logical value results

Hi guys
Do any of you know of a function that will do the same job as the
Frequency array function, but will analyze true/false results instead
of numbers?

I got a column of results in my spreadsheet that contain just logical
true or false results, and I would like to count up how many true
results and false results there are in that column. Every formula that
I try keeps asking me for numbers.

tia
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Did you try the COUNTIF() function?

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,TRUE)

or

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,FALSE)

HTH,
Elkar

" wrote:

Hi guys
Do any of you know of a function that will do the same job as the
Frequency array function, but will analyze true/false results instead
of numbers?

I got a column of results in my spreadsheet that contain just logical
true or false results, and I would like to count up how many true
results and false results there are in that column. Every formula that
I try keeps asking me for numbers.

tia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Elkar, thanks for the prompt reply

That works a treat, I appreciate the suggestion. I admit that I am not
familiar with every Excel function and I plead guilty to not finding
that particular one in the help files.

Thanks again.

" wrote:

Hi guys
Do any of you know of a function that will do the same job as the
Frequency array function, but will analyze true/false results instead
of numbers?

I got a column of results in my spreadsheet that contain just logical
true or false results, and I would like to count up how many true
results and false results there are in that column. Every formula that
I try keeps asking me for numbers.

tia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Apologies, I have no idea what is going on with my newsreader. It is
now broadcasting the wrong nic.

the above post is actually from me, thanks again Elkar