-   -   How can I determine which cell changed as a result of a calculati. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/13150-how-can-i-determine-cell-changed-result-calculati.html)

Asaf

How can I determine which cell changed as a result of a calculati.

I am trying to write a small app which will be triggered by the calculation
(and thus changing of) a cell. What I can't understand is how can I know
which cell changed?

Bob Phillips

Bit more info required. You can react to a cell change event, testing for a
particular cell. So if you know which cell you want to check, event code is
easy.

--

HTH

RP

"Asaf" wrote in message
I am trying to write a small app which will be triggered by the

calculation
(and thus changing of) a cell. What I can't understand is how can I know
which cell changed?

Asaf

I'm relating to the Workbook_SheetCalculate event. How can I determine which
cell triggered the event?
Thanks.

"Asaf" wrote in message
I am trying to write a small app which will be triggered by the

calculation
(and thus changing of) a cell. What I can't understand is how can I know
which cell changed?

Bob Phillips

You can't with that event, the only info passed is the sheet object.

--

HTH

RP

"Asaf" wrote in message
I am trying to write a small app which will be triggered by the

calculation
(and thus changing of) a cell. What I can't understand is how can I

know
which cell changed?

Asaf

That much I have noticed :-)
But, this is the only event that will respond to the changes.

Full detail:
I have a spreadsheet containing cells which are updated from the internet.
I have other cells which are calculated based on those cells.
I am writing a piece of code which will respond to the changes of the
calculated fields.
I hope that provides all the info.

Thanks.

"Asaf" wrote in message
I am trying to write a small app which will be triggered by the
calculation
(and thus changing of) a cell. What I can't understand is how can I

know
which cell changed?

Bob Phillips

So I suggest again that you use the Change event as you seem to know which
cells to monitor.

--

HTH

RP

"Asaf" wrote in message
I am trying to write a small app which will be triggered by the
calculation
(and thus changing of) a cell. What I can't understand is how can

know
which cell changed?

Asaf

Sorry, the change event does not fire for this "change". And I have hundreds
of cells to monitor. :-(