Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Creating a dynamic list based on a minimum common variable.

I want to create a lits based on a minimum common variable.

I use a program that generates a data table in a specific order. In
'COL A' are names of clients. Related data (a percentage) is in 'Col
B' .

I want to create a dynamic list that identifies the first 15 names of
that appear in COL A that have a value over a given amount in the COL
B.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One way ..

Assume the names in A1 down, corresponding percentages in B1 down
The cut-off value (%) will be entered in say, D1, eg in D1: 15%

Put in E1:
=IF($D$1="","",IF(B1$D$1,ROW(),""))
Copy E1 down to the max expected extent of data in cols A and B
(Hide away col E if desired)

Put in F1:
=IF(OR(ROW()COUNT($E:$E),ROW()15),"",INDEX(A:A,S MALL($E:$E,ROW())))
Copy F1 to G1. Format G1 as percentage. Select F1:G1, fill down by 15 rows
to G15. Col F returns the list of the 1st 15 names (or less, as the case may
be) whose percentages exceed the cut-off value entered in D1. Col G returns
the corresponding percentages for the names.
--
Max
Singapore
wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to create a lits based on a minimum common variable.

I use a program that generates a data table in a specific order. In
'COL A' are names of clients. Related data (a percentage) is in 'Col
B' .

I want to create a dynamic list that identifies the first 15 names of
that appear in COL A that have a value over a given amount in the COL
B.

in order to optimize the data, my goal is to be able to change that
percentage (and alter the list of stocks) dynamically.

Any help, even pointing me in the right direction would be much
appreciated.

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline