Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I created a Formula, OK, but can't get the results in the right ce

Created Formula for G7
=SUM(G4:G6)

and have copied it to other cells, i.e.
G11
=Sum(G8:G10), etc

- This Works Fine

Now what I want to do is:
the answer of G7 in cell G230
the answer of G11 in cell G231, etc
How can I do this.
If I copy and past I get G7 in cell G230, then I get G8 in cell G231, not G11

Thank you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

the answer of G7 in cell G230
the answer of G11 in cell G231, etc

In G230: =OFFSET($G$7,ROW(A1)*4-4,)
Copy G230 down

G230 returns the same as: =G7
G231 returns: = G11
G232 returns: =G15, and so on ..
--
Max
Singapore
"To Old To . . ." wrote:
Created Formula for G7
=SUM(G4:G6)

and have copied it to other cells, i.e.
G11
=Sum(G8:G10), etc

- This Works Fine

Now what I want to do is:
the answer of G7 in cell G230
the answer of G11 in cell G231, etc
How can I do this.
If I copy and past I get G7 in cell G230, then I get G8 in cell G231, not G11

Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way:

Enter this formula in G230 and copy down as needed:

=OFFSET(G$7,(ROWS($1:1)-1)*4,,)

Biff

"To Old To . . ." wrote in message
Created Formula for G7
=SUM(G4:G6)

and have copied it to other cells, i.e.
G11
=Sum(G8:G10), etc

- This Works Fine

Now what I want to do is:
the answer of G7 in cell G230
the answer of G11 in cell G231, etc
How can I do this.
If I copy and past I get G7 in cell G230, then I get G8 in cell G231, not
G11

Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Or this non-volatile version:

=INDEX(G$7:G$200,1+(ROWS($1:1)-1)*4)

Adjust for the end of range

Biff

"To Old To . . ." wrote in message
Created Formula for G7
=SUM(G4:G6)

and have copied it to other cells, i.e.
G11
=Sum(G8:G10), etc

- This Works Fine

Now what I want to do is:
the answer of G7 in cell G230
the answer of G11 in cell G231, etc
How can I do this.
If I copy and past I get G7 in cell G230, then I get G8 in cell G231, not
G11

Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can you explain the individual parts of this, so that I can beeter understand
how it works?

Thank you very much for the help.