cardinalred

Default summing multiple rows with like references

I have imported data from a database into Excel. An example:

AWGM USD 10000
AWGM USD 50000
BGM USD 5000

These are in columns and rows. I would like to sum values in the third colum
for AWGM USD, which would be 60000. I cannot find a function to lookup like
values in column 1(AWGM) and return the summed value of the respective data
from column 3 (60000). Any help?
Matt

Trevor Shuttleworth

Matt

SubTotal ? Or use an Advanced Filter to extract unique values and then use
SUMIF. Or maybe a Pivot Table ?

Regards

Trevor

"cardinalred" wrote in message
I have imported data from a database into Excel. An example:

AWGM USD 10000
AWGM USD 50000
BGM USD 5000

These are in columns and rows. I would like to sum values in the third
colum
for AWGM USD, which would be 60000. I cannot find a function to lookup
like
values in column 1(AWGM) and return the summed value of the respective
data
from column 3 (60000). Any help?
Matt

RagDyeR

Try this.

With datalist A1 to C100

Enter Colimn A criteria in D1
Enter Column B criteria in D2

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=D1)*(B1:B100=D2)*C1:C100)
--

HTH,

RD