Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default calculate a part of a worksheet

I have one calculation the creates a random number. I have another
calculation that compares an input number to the random number. The problem
is that when the spreadsheet is calculated the random number changes and is
therefore always different from the input number. Is there a way to calculate
the comparison without calculating the random number?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use Range.Calculate from VBA, or download my RangeCalc addin from
http://www.decisionmodels.com/downloads.htm#RngCalc

This adds a button to Excel that calculates the selected range and shows you
the time taken.

Charles
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.3 now available