Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Converting columns to rows

I want to take multiple lists of numbers, all in one column separated
by blank rows, and "concatenate" the values at the beginning of each
list in the adjacent column. (I have been using MultiCat (http://
www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/multicat.html), but can't seem to get it
to be automatic--I don't want to have to customize the formula for
each list, I just want to run a macro or drag a formula).

Example:
A B
1 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10
2
3
4
6
8
10

1 1, 2, 8, 9
2
8
9

etc.

These are page numbers that are in colum form, and needed to be
converted into a "1, 2, 3" form. I would like to be able to do this
automatically by dragging a formula or with a macro.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Unfortunately, this solution requires that I customize the formula for
each list, something I wanted to avoid.

Thanks for the reply!

Al

" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Alfred

Using JE's function, in B1
-MULTCAT(A1:A7,",")

did exactly what you requested and returned
1,2,3,4,6,8,10

--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry
-MULTCAT(A1:A7,",")

was meant to be
=MULTCAT(A1:A7,",")

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi Alfred

Using JE's function, in B1
-MULTCAT(A1:A7,",")

did exactly what you requested and returned
1,2,3,4,6,8,10

--
Regards

Roger Govier