Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ben Ben is offline

Default Hyperlink to link to text, not just a cell

Hello!
I am new to this and am quite cornfused. I am trying to set-up a hyperlink
from one tab within an excel doc to another tab within the same doc. But when
I set the hyperlink to go to a particular cell..and that other tab is
altered, then the link is no longer valid. Within each row I do have some
unique identifiers that I could use..so I was hoping to link to those (and
not the cell it is in).
Sorry if I am unclear in explaining my issue.
Thanks a great deal for any assitance given!
Have a nice day! :o)
--
Ben
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe you can name the range (Insert|Name) and use that name in the hyperlink.

Or you could use the worksheet function: =hyperlink(). Since it's a formula,
it'll adjust to the changes you make to the other sheet.

David McRitchie posted this and it might help you:

=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5)
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheeton e!C5)
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5)

Ben wrote:

Hello!
I am new to this and am quite cornfused. I am trying to set-up a hyperlink
from one tab within an excel doc to another tab within the same doc. But when
I set the hyperlink to go to a particular cell..and that other tab is
altered, then the link is no longer valid. Within each row I do have some
unique identifiers that I could use..so I was hoping to link to those (and
not the cell it is in).
Sorry if I am unclear in explaining my issue.
Thanks a great deal for any assitance given!
Have a nice day! :o)
--
Ben

--