Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Number vs Text

I have a string range1 insted of A1:C1, for instance.

My search cannot be completed because the formula is somehow unable to
search for the string, it searchs for the the text "range1", which is really
odd.

How can link the search to the cell without the ("") in the cell?

Thank you,
--
FS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A string referring to a range in a FORMULA will not work. You need to
hightlight the range and name it in the name box (to the left of the formula
box) or use insertnamedefinefill in the namein the refers to box type in
the range reference. Then
=sum(range1)

In a macro
myrange=range("a1:c1")
for each c in myrange
do something
next

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"felipe_mfds" wrote in message
I have a string range1 insted of A1:C1, for instance.

My search cannot be completed because the formula is somehow unable to
search for the string, it searchs for the the text "range1", which is
really
odd.

How can link the search to the cell without the ("") in the cell?

Thank you,
--
FS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I've already named it and I cannot use the function SUM because the formula
is related to a LOOKUP function. Example:

LOOKUP(A1,B1) ;
B1 = "range1"
range1 = C1:F1

Get it?So I should probably used another function that doesn't change the
ranges properties. The question is, which function?

Tks

--
FS

"Don Guillett" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Glad to help

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"felipe_mfds" wrote in message
Perfect!! I've a little rusty...

Ow, and sorry about that hehe...

Thanks very much!
--
FS

"Don Guillett" wrote:

GOT IT!!!!! Always nice to say what you mean the FIRST TIME. Get it?. Try
this.

=LOOKUP(a1,INDIRECT(b1))