Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default EXCEL

I HAVE A SPREADSHEET THATS LIST SALESPEOPLE BY NAMES.
I AM TRYING TO ADD A COLUMN AT THE BOTTOM THAT WILL ADD EACH TIME
THE INDIVIDUAL SALESPERSON'S NAME APPEARS AND GIVE A TOTAL FOR THE PAGE.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"Dave") etc.

Dave

"M.GONZALEZ" wrote:

I HAVE A SPREADSHEET THATS LIST SALESPEOPLE BY NAMES.
I AM TRYING TO ADD A COLUMN AT THE BOTTOM THAT WILL ADD EACH TIME
THE INDIVIDUAL SALESPERSON'S NAME APPEARS AND GIVE A TOTAL FOR THE PAGE.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dave , Thanks very much. I'm a first time user here, so forgive my ignorance.
The answer you gave fixed my problem. Only that has lead me to attempt further
adjusting to someone else's excel sheet. If you don't mind, here are some
more questions.
the sheet tracks car sales,porsche-audi/ new and used, I would like to
count the sales per person(you answered that one) and count by new audi, new
porsche, used audi and used porsche. In my columns are listed N or U, Audi or
Porsche.
Thanks

"Dave F" wrote:

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"Dave") etc.