Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default automatic date value

When I copy/ paste values from internet, sometimes the value is inserted as
a date value.
Is it possible to turn this off?

--

Jakob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Jakob Austgulen" wrote ...
When I copy/ paste values from internet, sometimes the value is inserted as
a date value.
Is it possible to turn this off?

Format the cells as Text first.

---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can you bring the data in as the result of a Web Query?

You can specify in the query to treat numbers as numbers and not as dates.

Under Web Query OptionsDisable Date Recognotion.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP