Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HOW MANY "/" IN THIS CELL A1 = "RG/351/87/11/3"

hi,
i want to calculate the following;
CELL A1 HAS A VALUE = RG/351/87/11/3
1- HOW MANY "/" (FORWARD SLASH) IN THIS CELL
2- HOW MANY "3" (THREE) IN THIS CELL.
ACTUALLY THIS QUESTION IS ABOUT TO COUNT/SUM ANY SPECIFIC
WORD/NUMERIC/SPECIAL CHARACTER IN A CELL.
THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
I HOPE I WILL GET IT SOON.

SAQIB YAQUB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HOW MANY "/" IN THIS CELL RANGE A1:A5

Dear Mike,
thanks for reply.
I have one query more. if i have a range then how i can calculate;
CELL A1 RG/351/87/11/1
CELL A2 RG/351/87/11/2
CELL A3 RG/351/87/11/3
CELL A4 RG/351/87/11/4