Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Ron is offline

Default Multiple Hiding Validation Dropdown Lists

I have been able to use the method at this web address to hide used
validation list items, http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal03.html .

Dropdown List Example:
SI-01
SI-02
Si-03
etc.

When SI-01 is selected from the dropdown (DD) list, it is no longer
available in the DD list and, thusly cannot be selected again by mistake.
Perfect.

I want to have multiple lists such as:
SI-01 PR-01 CCD-01
SI-02 PR-02 CCD-02
SI-03 PR-03 CCD-03
etc. etc. etc.

and when I input "PR" into a cell, only the "PR.." list is available in next
cell DD list. I can do that too by using the method found at
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html .

The problem is, when I use the "DataVal02" method, it does not eliminate the
"PR-01" (when previously selected) from the DD list the way the "DataVal03"
method does. I need the hide feature of "DataVal03" in the multi list feature
of "DataVal02". Can anyone help?

Ideally, I wish I could pick€¦.... say€¦... cell C3..€¦.a DD opens with SI, PR
and CCD options listed (non-hiding list)€¦.I select one€¦€¦then a subsequent DD
opens (one of the three hiding lists).....and the result is entered into cell
C3.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I've uploaded a sample file that combines the two techniques:

Under Data Validation, look for 'DV0047 - Hide Previously Used Items in
Dependent Lists'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome! There aren't many notes in that sample, so please post
another message if you need more help.

ron wrote:
Wow. Thank you sooooo much.