Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can Excel be used to show history

My predicament:

Excel is the only available medium on our network. I have to show a breakout
of manpower daily and email daily. We also maintain a history to show
attendance in the past. I'm trying to automate this process.

Column A is workers by Name, column B - IV (Excel limits) in row 2 are dates
Jan 1, 07 to whatever. I currently pull attendance from one update sheet
that is manually edited daily which automatically updates other sheets. But
the history sheet is my current challenge. I'd like it to only change the
column that has the date that matches (=today ()). The following equation
does what I need but overrides the previous dates each day unfortunately:

=IF((B$2=$A$1),CONCATENATE($H3),"")

A1 =today ()
N2 = is the start of Jan 1, 2007, O2 is Jan 2 and so on

My problem is the FALSE part of the IF statement. I'd only like to perform
changes if it is TRUE and do nothing to the cell if it is false. Is this
possible?
Regards,

Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Currently if B2=A1 your get the value from H3 displayed, if not the cell
will be blank.

Are you after it to be, if B2 < = A1 the valve to be as B2?

if so alter to look like

=IF((B$2=$A$1),CONCATENATE($H3),b2)

--
This post was created using recycled electrons!

"Phatboy_D" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It works exactly the way I want except when I autofill the rest of the sheet
I end up with a circular reference in one cell. When I delete the contents
of that cell then the one beside it becomes circular. All the other cells
work perfectly. Any ideas?