Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default COUNT NUMBER OF ROWS

Each account number should be scheduled a various number of times per week.
Column A = Account Number;
Column B = Times/wk they SHOULD be scheduled

Each row represents a scheduled service, i.e. if they are ACTUALLY scheduled
2x per week, there should be two rows.
Driver numbers are also in the other columns as well.

How can I quickly identify services that are not scheduled for the
appropriate number of services, i.e. the number of rows for each particular
account is not equal to Column B?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=sumproduct(--(A1:A100<B1:B100)

perhaps?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Keep It Simple Stupid" wrote
in message ...
Each account number should be scheduled a various number of times per
week.
Column A = Account Number;
Column B = Times/wk they SHOULD be scheduled

Each row represents a scheduled service, i.e. if they are ACTUALLY
scheduled
2x per week, there should be two rows.
Driver numbers are also in the other columns as well.

How can I quickly identify services that are not scheduled for the
appropriate number of services, i.e. the number of rows for each
particular
account is not equal to Column B?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way would be to use Format | Conditional Formatting in column B
Assuming you are in row 2, select cell B2 and then start conditional
formatting. Instead of "Value Is", choose "Formula Is" and enter this
=COUNTIF(A:A,A2)<B2

then choose the format you want when the number of entries in column A that
are same as entry on current row (2) are less than the number in column B of
the row.

You could even set up a second condition the same way like
=COUNTIF(A:A,A2)B2
and set up formatting to show you when you're checking on a client TOO often.