Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim Jim is offline

Default List to grid

Hi

Anyone know how to convert a list of number (A1:A78) to a 6 column grid so
the numbers go down 6 rows and down the next 6 rows etc until you reach the
end of the list/col?

I'd like to do it in VBA but I'm not clever enough!

Thanks

Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Perhaps a formula which can also re-arrange it
while you await the vba way

In B1:
=OFFSET($A$1,ROW(A1)+COLUMN(A1)*6-7,)
Copy B1 down to B6, fill across to N6 to exhaust the source col
--
Max
Singapore
"Jim" wrote in message
Hi

Anyone know how to convert a list of number (A1:A78) to a 6 column grid so
the numbers go down 6 rows and down the next 6 rows etc until you reach
the end of the list/col?

I'd like to do it in VBA but I'm not clever enough!

Thanks

Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim Jim is offline

Max

That's great, many thanks.

Jim

"Jim" wrote in message
Hi

Anyone know how to convert a list of number (A1:A78) to a 6 column grid
so the numbers go down 6 rows and down the next 6 rows etc until you
reach the end of the list/col?

I'd like to do it in VBA but I'm not clever enough!

Thanks

Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

You're welcome, Jim !
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"Jim" wrote in message
Max

That's great, many thanks.

Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not clear what "down 6 rows and down the next 6 rows" means.

Do you mean across 6 columns?

1,2,3,4,5,6
7,8,9,10,11,12

Or 6 columns with 1 - 13, 14 - 26 etc.?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:54:58 -0000, "Jim" wrote:

Hi

Anyone know how to convert a list of number (A1:A78) to a 6 column grid so
the numbers go down 6 rows and down the next 6 rows etc until you reach the
end of the list/col?

I'd like to do it in VBA but I'm not clever enough!

Thanks

Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A question here.

Max's method gives you a 13 column by 6 row grid.

How does that reconcile with "convert a list of number (A1:A78) to a 6 column
grid "?

Gord

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 18:01:32 -0000, "Jim" wrote:

Max

That's great, many thanks.

Jim