Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Creating a "one time only" calculation field?

I need to create a form (using Excel) - and in that form I need a date field
to populate. The problem is I need that to happen the first time only. So,
"ctrl ;"
puts a date in a field, and if there is a way to create an embedded process
that causes that to happen the first time the form is opened, would help me
get done what I need to happen. Anyone have suggestions?
--
Neal
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

All of the date functions such as Today() and Now() are volatile meaning that
they will automatically update themselves. Other than Ctrl ; or using VBA to
create a UDF that you can use in your sheet there is not much you can do...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Neal" wrote:

I need to create a form (using Excel) - and in that form I need a date field
to populate. The problem is I need that to happen the first time only. So,
"ctrl ;"
puts a date in a field, and if there is a way to create an embedded process
that causes that to happen the first time the form is opened, would help me
get done what I need to happen. Anyone have suggestions?
--
Neal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jim,

Appreciate the suggestion and I was hoping for some tool within Excel that
would permit this. Thanks and I will respond with what I end up doing to
address this.

Thanks again!
--
Neal