Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel - unHiding a column affects columns in other worksheets?

I have just upgraded to office 2007. Looks great but..if I hide or unhide a
column in one sheet it affects columns in another sheet also?

And I cant print or pdf just one sheet. I get all the pages even when only
one is selected...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can you describe your actions in each case? I just opened up Excel 2007 and
went to each of the 3 sheets individually, hiding column D on each sheet.
Went back to Sheet1 and selected columns C:E and unhid D without it changing
anything on the other 2 sheets.

Haven't tried anything with priting or creating pdf just yet.

Do you have all sheets selected as a group when you try either of these
operations? That would definitely explain the unhide column problem.

"John Powell" wrote:

I have just upgraded to office 2007. Looks great but..if I hide or unhide a
column in one sheet it affects columns in another sheet also?

And I cant print or pdf just one sheet. I get all the pages even when only
one is selected...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Many thanks, I had just discovered the group feature and that it was causing
my problem, also with the printing issue. It would help if one could easily
see that the tabs were selected. I cant see the difference - selected or
unselected.

Thanks again

"John Powell" wrote:

I have just upgraded to office 2007. Looks great but..if I hide or unhide a
column in one sheet it affects columns in another sheet also?

And I cant print or pdf just one sheet. I get all the pages even when only
one is selected...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

John,
I agree, with the color scheme they've chosen, it can be difficult to
instantly see if you have a group selected. One hint that you get to
indicate this situation is that the name of the workbook, at the center at
the very top of the Excel window will indicate it. Instead of just "Book1 -
Microsoft Excel", it reads as
"Book1 [Group] - Microsoft Excel" (where Book1 is your file name) when you
have a group of sheets selected.