Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Dynamically Change date in Formula

I Manually add the date in the first column, and then I have a formula
that adds all of the figures for that day, =SUMIF($A$1:$A
$1004,"=01/01/01",$C$1:$C$1004)
Is there any way that I can change this so that the formula reflects
the date that I placed in column 1 automatically. Right now I have
about 6 cells that i have to manually change the date in the formula
for. This is a daily process, and I CAN live without it, but it would
sure be nice if this could be done.

Thanks,
Midget

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use a cell to hold the date variable:

E1 = some date

=SUMIF($A$1:$A$1004,$E$1,$C$1:$C$1004)

Biff

"Midget" wrote in message
oups.com...
I Manually add the date in the first column, and then I have a formula
that adds all of the figures for that day, =SUMIF($A$1:$A
$1004,"=01/01/01",$C$1:$C$1004)
Is there any way that I can change this so that the formula reflects
the date that I placed in column 1 automatically. Right now I have
about 6 cells that i have to manually change the date in the formula
for. This is a daily process, and I CAN live without it, but it would
sure be nice if this could be done.

Thanks,
Midget

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Worked like a champ Biff, i don't know why that was so difficult for
me to figure out. Thanks for the tip!

Midget

On Feb 8, 2:50 pm, "T. Valko" wrote:
Use a cell to hold the date variable:

E1 = some date

=SUMIF($A$1:$A$1004,$E$1,$C$1:$C$1004)

Biff

"Midget" wrote in message

oups.com...

I Manually add the date in the first column, and then I have a formula
that adds all of the figures for that day, =SUMIF($A$1:$A
$1004,"=01/01/01",$C$1:$C$1004)
Is there any way that I can change this so that the formula reflects
the date that I placed in column 1 automatically. Right now I have
about 6 cells that i have to manually change the date in the formula
for. This is a daily process, and I CAN live without it, but it would
sure be nice if this could be done.

Thanks,
Midget- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sometimes we just can't see the answer even though it's right in front of
us. I've been there countless times!

Thanks for the feedback!

Biff

ups.com...