Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Is this type of lookup possible?...

Hi,

I have a column with text in it. Can I look for specific words in a string
of text in any cell in that range. The cell will not equal the word because
there is a string of text. I need to add up numbers in the next column if
the cell contains the specific word. So basically....If any cell in
B25:B500 contains "the specified word" then sum the number in column C next
to where it is found.

Thanks.