Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Text Color

When I try to modify the text color by using RBG. Excel change the
color in colorindex that is not the color I need.

Is any way exist to achieve this goal.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Reply u

Hi
Dear friend!
First check the Display Properties that it must at least about 32 bit then
you will achive your goal.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi,
excel offers 56 color. no more, no less. using RGB (i assume in code)
offers, in therory, infinite numer of colors. i suggest that you do this...
tooloptionscolor tabmodify buttoncustom tab.
here you can FIND color you want and plug in in to the RGB code comand.
RGB(xxx, xxx, xxx)
i am not sure this is what you want because you didn't say how you are using
RGB.
if this does not answer your guestion, post back.

regards and confused
FSt1

" wrote:

When I try to modify the text color by using RBG. Excel change the
color in colorindex that is not the color I need.

Is any way exist to achieve this goal.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel has a pallet of 56 colors. You can assign any color you want to a
ColorIndex, but you are still limited to a total of 56 colors. The
following code will change color 23 to a new RGB value. Any object whose
ColorIndex is 23 will take on this new color.

ThisWorkbook.Colors(23) = RGB(255, 100, 125)

Color changes are stored in the workbook, not the Application. You cannot
make global changes to the color pallet unless you do so in a template that
you use for all new workbooks.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson