Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to vlookup data

How to vlookup data.
I have Data like
MSCName Code
452016 Trade Link 452016
785401 V Trade 785401

If I type only Trade Link or 452016 it should lookup MSC Name and Code.
Any help.

Tiya
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One possibility ..

Assuming source data within A2:B100,
with lookup values* input in D2 down,
*eg: Trade Link or 452016

Put in E2, array-entered (press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER):
=IF($D2="","",INDEX(A$2:A$100,MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER( SEARCH($D2,$A$2:$A$100)),0)))
Copy E2 to F2, then fill down as far as required
Cols E & F will return the required results from cols A & B

Replace SEARCH with FIND if you want a stricter case sensitive search
SEARCH is not case sensitive
--
Max
Singapore
"Tiya" wrote:
How to vlookup data.
I have Data like
MSCName Code
452016 Trade Link 452016
785401 V Trade 785401

If I type only Trade Link or 452016 it should lookup MSC Name and Code.
Any help.

Tiya

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have you looked up VLOOKUP in the help index.
Pun intended.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software