Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default What are the formulas behind the YIELDDISC function?

The YIELDDISC Function in EXCEL gives me my expected results. It is a great
ADD-IN Function. However, I have been asked to describe the Mathematical
Formulas behind this Function and YIELDDISC is a black box on this issue.

I know that it is based on IRR, but does anyone have a desciption (or a link
to a description) that would be more "Textbook"?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There's a lot of information on the function at this link, however, I don't
see any information on the math behind it:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...function+excel

Dave

"CPodd" wrote:

The YIELDDISC Function in EXCEL gives me my expected results. It is a great
ADD-IN Function. However, I have been asked to describe the Mathematical
Formulas behind this Function and YIELDDISC is a black box on this issue.

I know that it is based on IRR, but does anyone have a desciption (or a link
to a description) that would be more "Textbook"?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the tip.

I found that the following document was the most helpful:

http://stuff.mit.edu/afs/athena/proj...unctionref.pdf

Regards, CPodd

"CPodd" wrote:

The YIELDDISC Function in EXCEL gives me my expected results. It is a great
ADD-IN Function. However, I have been asked to describe the Mathematical
Formulas behind this Function and YIELDDISC is a black box on this issue.

I know that it is based on IRR, but does anyone have a desciption (or a link
to a description) that would be more "Textbook"?

Thanks.

How do I know which cell a function is called from? Murami Excel Worksheet Functions 3 November 24th 06 02:22 PM
Function CELL in array formulas vezerid Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 October 17th 06 07:30 PM
need help with function and formulas fomula problems Excel Worksheet Functions 1 October 7th 05 05:48 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM