Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copying VLOOKUP w/o changing formula

I want to copy the following VLOOKUP:

=VLOOKUP(B11,'1'!E2:F11,2,FALSE)

and paste it down an entire column consisting of 1000 cells, but cell range
of "E2:F11" changes down the column (ex. E3:F12). I WANT B11 to change
accordingly, but how do I paste this without having to change the E:F cell
ranges back to E2:F11 on each cell that is pasted?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Make the table references absolute:

=VLOOKUP(B11,'1'!E$2:F$11,2,FALSE)

The $ signs will keep the rows from changing when copied.

Biff

"rldjda" wrote in message
I want to copy the following VLOOKUP:

=VLOOKUP(B11,'1'!E2:F11,2,FALSE)

and paste it down an entire column consisting of 1000 cells, but cell
range
of "E2:F11" changes down the column (ex. E3:F12). I WANT B11 to change
accordingly, but how do I paste this without having to change the E:F cell
ranges back to E2:F11 on each cell that is pasted?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try:

=VLOOKUP(B11,'1'!$e$2:$F$11,2,FALSE)

The $ signs tells excel not to adjust that row or column when copying or cutting
then pasting.

--

Dave Peterson