Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Why do I get #NA as my result when I write a vlookup formula?

When I write a vlookup formula, I receive an #NA error even though the values
to be looked up are found in the lookup table on Worksheet 2. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First, post the formula you're using.

Second, explain the layout of your lookup table.

Third, check to see if the format of the cells being looked up differs from
the format of the lookup value (i.e., numbers formatted as text, etc.)

Any of those ideas could point to the issue.

Dave

"trainer07" wrote:

When I write a vlookup formula, I receive an #NA error even though the values
to be looked up are found in the lookup table on Worksheet 2. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Most times what you think are the correct values have an extra space or two, so
they are not correct.

Try the TRIM function to get rid of any extra spaces.

If still needing help, post your formula and a small sample of data range from
worksheet2

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP