Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Grouping or joining rows

Hi All, I have a worksheet that has several columns, one with dates.
I would like to sort the rows by that date column. When I click the column
and sort it sorts only that column. I would like all rows to stay associated
with there original rows (more like a database would) Any help please.
Thanks, ED
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Before you sort, select the entire table. Then try the sort again. Note
that Excel has problems sort non-contiguous columns (i.e., columns that are
not directly next to each other.)

Dave

"pilgrim" wrote:

Hi All, I have a worksheet that has several columns, one with dates.
I would like to sort the rows by that date column. When I click the column
and sort it sorts only that column. I would like all rows to stay associated
with there original rows (more like a database would) Any help please.
Thanks, ED

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Probably easier to remove the sort icons from the toolbar - that way
the user will have to use Data | Sort where there is a bit more
intelligence programmed in.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"pilgrim" wrote:

Hi All, I have a worksheet that has several columns, one with dates.
I would like to sort the rows by that date column. When I click the column
and sort it sorts only that column. I would like all rows to stay associated
with there original rows (more like a database would) Any help please.
Thanks, ED- Hide quoted text -