Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copy unsaved worksheet "Book" to a Saved workfile

Good morning all.
I am copying a worksheet from an unsaved workfile to a saved excel sheet.
When I cut-paste-attach it to the saved workfile, excel is saving &
referencing the unsaved workfile formula's.

ie: =ROUND(SUM([Book4]Sheet1!AO6:[Book4]Sheet1!AO22),5)

When I delete Book4, I get #REF! errors in my saved file.

Is there a toggle to eliminate this error?

Thank you !
Jim Kimball
Hood River, OR
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe just changing [book4] to nothing would be sufficient.

Select the range to fix
edit|replace
what: [book4] (or whatever name it is)
with: (leave blank)
replace all

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Dave.
I have been doing what you suggest with the "Find, Replace"
It gets a bit cumbersome after awhile.

I know there is toggle somewhere within Excel that will prevent this from
happening though as my home office computer doesn't do it.