Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do I automatically sequence the month

i want to just enter a month (text) in a cell, then have it automaticly enter
in sequence the following 4 months, there is info in 5 cells between each
month. how do i accomplish this
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just type say May in a cell, and drag and copy, it should automatically
update.

What does the second bit mean?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Rubber 4 u" <Rubber 4 wrote in message
i want to just enter a month (text) in a cell, then have it automaticly
enter
in sequence the following 4 months, there is info in 5 cells between each
month. how do i accomplish this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just thinking about it, if you wanted say Jan in a1, Feb in A6, then try

=TEXT("2007-"&INT(ROW(A1)/5)+1&"-01","mmm")

and copy to A6.

If you want to start at May, change A1 to A25 (month number * 5)

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Rubber 4 u" <Rubber 4 wrote in message
i want to just enter a month (text) in a cell, then have it automaticly
enter
in sequence the following 4 months, there is info in 5 cells between each
month. how do i accomplish this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Just type say May in a cell, and drag and copy, it should automatically
update.

What does the second bit mean?

-- it looks like this, I want to type in May and then have the other months print in their perspective ceels in sequence the drag won't work

May
3785
4htyn
tr5k
jklm2

June
3785
4htyn
tr5k
jklm2

July and so on

HTH

Bob

"Rubber 4 u" <Rubber 4 wrote in message
i want to just enter a month (text) in a cell, then have it automaticly
enter
in sequence the following 4 months, there is info in 5 cells between each
month. how do i accomplish this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assume your data in column A looks like this:
(4 data cells and 2 blanks)
A B
May
jnrc
hapj
odgq
nmek

June
gqck
qfde
qicn
rmbp

July
mrki
apbr
kqak
ibkc

In column B, type May, select it and 5 blank cells below it,
and drag down the fill handle as far as data in column A goes.
Select data in column A and
Go To Special Blanks
Delete Shift cells left