Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I get worksheets' names in spreadsheet

As you know, a excel spreadsheet workbook can contains some worksheets and
each worksheet has its names, my problem is how to get these names. Who can
Help me ?
Any help will be very very appreciated!

--
marxi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,256)

The above pasted into any cell on a worksheet will return the name of that
sheet. If you want the names of all sheets on one sheet then this can be
pasted into the indivdual sheets and referenced on the summary sheet

"marxi" wrote:

As you know, a excel spreadsheet workbook can contains some worksheets and
each worksheet has its names, my problem is how to get these names. Who can
Help me ?
Any help will be very very appreciated!

--
marxi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

first and foremost, thank you for your advise!

The spreadsheet I said is a kind of COM for Csharp.NET.
It can drog on the winform to work for users as excel.
my problem is how to get the name of each worksheet using C# language.
I do not know the type of "ws" which mentioned in your answer!
Thanks again.

--
marxi

"marxi" wrote:

As you know, a excel spreadsheet workbook can contains some worksheets and
each worksheet has its names, my problem is how to get these names. Who can
Help me ?
Any help will be very very appreciated!

--
marxi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Public Function TabI(TabIndex As Integer, Optional MyTime As Date) As String
TabI = Sheets(TabIndex).Name
End Function

In a column, you use this UDF to return 1st, 2nd, etc sheet name - like this

A1=IF(ISERROR(TABI(ROW(),NOW())),"",TABI(ROW()))
(and copy down)

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )